My Proposed Shop Layout

AstroDave

Checked out that Fastcap system...for $30 you can get just the door and I can make it work.  I just wonder how durable it would be as I think it's intended purpose is to just last the life of the on site job being done.  I've looked for similar items and other than screen door equivalents nothing was found.

Chef I may look at the curtains as you suggest while I am checking out the fatigue mats at the local restaurant supply warehouse.

I bought a self-adhesive zipper from Home Depot.  It was in the section with the tarps.  It worked great for joining two sections of plastic sheeting that I used for a spray booth.  It became my man-door in and out of the spray booth for a number of years.

Went ahead and got the magnetic door for the shop from Fastcap and will modify it to fit my doors.  Moving along in prepping the shop... Electrical has started... Picked up a few items at WoodCraft that were waiting...router table and Jet air filter.  Dust Cyclone, Bandsaw are in but waiting on the Sawstop this week to pick everything up.  Looks like a busy 2 week vacation.

zLvO7R6l.jpg

4ZUPpsQl.jpg

• Like 1

Went ahead and got the magnetic door for the shop from Fastcap and will modify it to fit my doors.  Moving along in prepping the shop... Electrical has started... Picked up a few items at WoodCraft that were waiting...router table and Jet air filter.  Dust Cyclone, Bandsaw are in but waiting on the Sawstop this week to pick everything up.  Looks like a busy 2 week vacation.

zLvO7R6l.jpg

4ZUPpsQl.jpg

Looks like about a month of Sundays just to get everything set up and running..  Fun times!

Those are the best kind.  Time off of the day job spent in the shop.

My thoughts exactly... very excited...too bad Thanksgiving has to interrupt it.  Pumpkn pie will make up for it..

Looks like about a month of Sundays just to get everything set up and running..  Fun times!

Fun times indeed... lots of unpacking and building woohoo!!

I need to know if a brute trash can will fit on a DC1200?

Hmmm... don't know.  I do know it's great for leaf collection :)

Pulled the trigger on the Powermatic PJ-882HH jointer (15% Sale) and the Festool OF-1400 router this morning.  Good thing I have other hobbies that have expensive stuff that I can sell :)  Otherwise my wife would be losing it about now...

Also contacted Bell Forest to get a quote on the materials for a the Roubo build that I will do after Christmas...Think I will go with soft maple given some comments regarding how its more forgiving on work pieces.

Did make one decision to save money and will be keeping the lower end cyclone and just moving it to the machine or just changing the hoses.  I have a Festool CT-36 for the other machines...

Some quality purchases, Dave.  I've been there...I sold off a TON of stuff I had sitting around when I first started building my tool arsenal.  But be careful...it's a disease.  Like drugs or gambling.

Clapton said it best...

Sell your house

Sell your car

Sell your wife...

...Festool

Well I did it again... I was in Woodcraft and picked up the Jet 16-32 Drum Sander... based on all the scary comments regarding using a planer on end grain cutting boards as that is going to be my first set of projects.  It was 15% off so what the heck right... Now what can I sell??? hmmm  Sees dog...dog senses danger and runs away :)

Electrician should be done today.  I'm heading to Woodcraft for a Router basics class...never used one other than the old Rigid trim router I have... so this should be fun.  Hopefully next week I can begin to get all my tools situated in the shop.  The Woodcraft store has a section in the back dedicated to me :)

It's early Christmas here... SawStop arrived in my shop along with my bandsaw and dust collector.  Now I have today and tomorrow to set it all up  :wacko:  Well not gonna happen of course.  A great guy, Frank, from local WoodCraft delivered it this morning and helped me move it in.  OMG that tablesaw is heavy!!!  I had not previously purchased the mobile base for the saw but he brought one just in case (wise man) and made the recommendation that I use it.  So at this point all my machines will be mobile.  I hope my jointer will arrive next week along with the mobile base...

So at this point I will busy myself reading the setup instructions once again and now with the physical items in my presence it will be less "theoretical".  I have a router table, bandsaw, planer, dust collector, tablesaw to setup while I wait for the jointer.  I will be very busy...

I think the local WoodCraft is glad to get some floor space back in the stock room...

Mike I got the 3hp PCS 52" with the dust collection and mobile base.  Still assembling everything else at the moment and just took a break from putting together the Excalibur router table.  So the last box I open has the assembly instructions.  Pretty logical assembly.  It would have been smart for me to open all the boxes before beginning...nah it's an adventure.  Turns out I did it right so no harm.

Mike I got the 3hp PCS 52" with the dust collection and mobile base. Still assembling everything else at the moment and just took a break from putting together the Excalibur router table. So the last box I open has the assembly instructions. Pretty logical assembly. It would have been smart for me to open all the boxes before beginning...nah it's an adventure. Turns out I did it right so no harm.

Keep assembling, the night is young...

IMG_0185.JPG

• Like 1