Largest chisel you use and a bonus random question

Tony Wilkins

PB, is that one of those lids that has the stirrer and a spout?  I saw those at Rockler and the concept seemed so excellent with just spin the handle to stir and pour easily...I didn't end up getting any even with them on sale because it felt too good to be true...

Ya except those don't have a handle they are made for my Fillon mixing station that stirs all the RTM color match finishes on a timed interval but essentially the same thing.

My chisel is 1" that is about as big as it can be to fit under the finish can lid. Any wider it gets awkward removing screws.

Too true. Also stirring famowood requires sub 1" chisels.

Seriously have you been to my shop? My top hand, been with me about 10 yrs, seems to always have a build up of yellow glue on the back of his chisels. I've given up trying to teach hm the finer arts if woodworking. He is amazed at my ability to carve and shape with the tools he uses for aforementioned tasks. Oh yeah also there is normally an 1/8" chip in the cutting edge of his chisels. How is that possible? Don't get me wrong fellas, I'd be in big trouble without him. He makes my little operation go. I just keep a private reserve of sharp and flat pfiel chisels for my use.

Steve