Hello from NE Tennessee

Keith H

Recently retired from telecommunications and looking forward to more wood working, fishing, travel and family.  I have enjoyed working with wood since wood shop in junior high school.  It has always been a hobby of varying magnitudes over the years, just about anything from reel seats on my flyrods to a crib and highchair for my grandchildren to a murphy bed for our den.  I have owned a ShopSmith for years but just recently bought a cabinet table saw.  Planning on redo-ing our own kitchen at our retirement home in the far NE corner of Tennessee.

Looking on picking brains whenever possible (if possible LOL).  Already enjoying the multitude of fine Youtubes out there by Marc, Greg, Matt, Steve R, Steve (Down to Earth), and Matt, et al. And can't forget Matthias.

Welcome, Keith! Congratulations on your retirement, I hope you enjoy quality time with family and all your hobbies, sounds like you'll be busy! I've gotta say, I'm a big fan of Tennessee, I've been on a few rock climbing and backpacking trips up there and the river gorges are just awesome.

Welcome in Kieth! Steve mentioned "several" members in TN, but AFAIK, RichardA and I are the only ones keeping active on the forum. I'm in West TN, Richard is somewhere a bit East of Nashville.

At any rate, there is plenty of knowledge, and plenty more opinion, to be found here. Glad to have you with us.

Glad to have you joining us here, especially another one from Tennessee, that makes 3 of us, soon we take over the world.  You'll find a lot of knowledge and no stupidity here!  This is without a doubt the best place to talk wood.  Again, welcome, oh, I'm in middle Tennessee and Highlander is West of both of us!

Keith, In dealing with highlander and Richard, I've found Tennesseans to be right friendly, so welcome sir.

In fact we Texans owe you guys more than we can ever repay. Y'all lost 30 or so helping a group of brave guys defend the Alamo.

Good luck in your retirement.

Keith,

Welcome & congrats on retirement. Be prepared,..your list of projects will grow faster than while you were working.

What kind of fishing do you do?  I like to chase steelhead up in Wisconsin.

Regards,

Randy

DBA FtrPilot

Trout, 50' out the back door. ;-)

Trout, 50' out the back door. ;-)

If I had a trout stream 50' out the back door, I would not get much woodworking done.

Here's a picture of the Brule river in Wisconsin, where I fish.  Many steelhead have been caught under the willow tree.

post-17084-0-36782900-1426776722.jpg

Regards,

FtrPilot

post-17084-0-36782900-1426776722_thumb.j

• Like 1