What to do with no workshop

h3nry

When I moved i realised that it would be a few months before all my tools etc arrived. So I bought a small set of flexcut carving tools and packed them in my suitcase with a scrap of poplar, and thought I'd use the time to try my hand at some carving. The kitchen counter was the only available "bench" to work on in my currently empty house, with a clamp to hold the wood in place for carving.

post-4067-0-57780100-1429470113_thumb.jp

Now I have to think of something to build this small panel into.

Although I think my next woodworking task is to hit sketchup to plan some new under-bench tool storage which will have to be the first project once my tools arrive - there's not going to be much spare space in the room that will have to serve as a workshop.

==Now I have to think of something to build this small panel into

V’Ger?*

*Note: Pop culture reference for $100 Alex…   First hint: Motion Picture

Not sure what movie you're referring to - but for some reason Demolition Man came to mind,  I probably could turn it into a fine toilet paper holder ... but I don't want someone coming out of the John and whispering in my ear that I'm missing two shells and they had to use some paper.

It's a great name -- Voyager... Like Endurance -- which certainly described Shackleton's little adventure... I didn't follow the series, but wasn't the premise a long voyage?

To continue the hijack, yes. Voyager was involved in some sort of cosmic calamity that flung them far into the unexplored "Delta Quadrant" of the galaxy. The show was about their journey back to earth.

Seven of Nine. Nuff said.

• Like 1

Very very cool panel. I have often thought about attempting to carve. I usually remember that I have about zero artistic talent, less than great depth perception and wide spectrum color blindness. That usually puts it to rest.

Supposedly they have these colorblind fixing glasses these days.  I've been eyeballing them for a while but I'm too cheap to buy some.

http://enchroma.com/

/end threadjack