The (not so) envious shop

Jeremy Carlsten

If a metal worker used the space I would wrap a bar magnet with a clean rag and rub all the surfaces I could reach to pick up dust and fillings .  It will get on your wood and turn black. If it gets in waterbourne finishes it will rust. You won't see it until it is already rusting under the finish.

I have done a BUNCH of initial cleaning but nothing with a bar magnet good idea Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I might share a quick diagram so you all know what the layout is, tonight I'll snap a few pictures of my progress (although I haven't done much... need to finish that coop). 

diagram.thumb.png.cfd8a4528b236e5af809c7

If you have any ideas for a better layout of tools, feel free to let me know. 

Sorry guys.... looks like life crept back into my schedule ... but winter is coming.. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Big score for the shop, my coworker stored some things for a friend and as payment he had left a bandsaw, small jointer and a radial arm saw as "payment." So my coworker was nice enough to give them to me instead of trying to sell them. I'll post pictures soon. They are going to need some tuning up but can't complain about free stuff ;) Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Unfortunately( but also super fortunately for non shop reasons) we've moved and I lost my gigantic shop space. I do have an outbuilding but I need to get enough spare cash to lay some concrete. Right now I've taken over the back corner of the garage. Bandsaw is there just slightly outside of the picture. 

@Gee-dub 

I'm definitely going to be using French cleats in the big shop.

20161217_171521.jpg

• Like 1