The Penultimate Penultimate Woodshop Tour

Dyami Plotke

When I was having to sand for Gretchin's Cradle, I got a heads up from Dyami on the boom. I just rigged up a rope from the ceiling for a short term solution and it not only made the hose more manageable, it was more better ergonomically. I could sand for hours without fatigue and I HATE sanding.

When I was having to sand for Gretchin's Cradle, I got a heads up from Dyami on the boom. I just rigged up a rope from the ceiling for a short term solution and it not only made the hose more manageable, it was more better ergonomically. I could sand for hours without fatigue and I HATE sanding.

Vic,

Sorry to hear you hate sanding so much. I find that with my boom arm and headphones on, it's a rather relaxing task.

Vic,

Sorry to hear you hate sanding so much. I find that with my boom arm and headphones on, it's a rather relaxing task.

I'm trying to get better at getting there with hand tools. But, the figure in the last build was just too much for my limited skill level.

Well done, Dyami! That was the first time I saw the slide-out cabinet in action after reading about the build on your blog long ago. I used to keep clamps in a rubber bucket, too :)

Also glad to see that yesterday you posted a video of the first cut with the gliding miter saw.... you were wanting that saw so badly then it sat idle for too long! I have a saw like that here, too, waiting for an hour or so of assembly.

Looks like you have a good setup of tools and a nice space to use them. Thanks for showing us the videos.

Do you have a shop in your attic too or is it just for storage? I didn't get the impression that the attic was a shop from the video but there were a couple of others comments about it so I thought that I missed something.

Also, were you planning on building shelves up high in your shop area? I thought that I caught a hint of that in the vid. I built some shelves 7' high around the perimiter on some of the walls in my shop and it made a HUGE difference in the amount to floor space. That was probably the most valuable thing that I did to improve my shop. Now I actually have space to work!

Looks like you have a good setup of tools and a nice space to use them. Thanks for showing us the videos.

Do you have a shop in your attic too or is it just for storage? I didn't get the impression that the attic was a shop from the video but there were a couple of others comments about it so I thought that I missed something.

Also, were you planning on building shelves up high in your shop area? I thought that I caught a hint of that in the vid. I built some shelves 7' high around the perimiter on some of the walls in my shop and it made a HUGE difference in the amount to floor space. That was probably the most valuable thing that I did to improve my shop. Now I actually have space to work!

Brett,

The attic is currently for storage. As for shelves, I do plan to add a row of cabinets and shelves around the shop high on the wall once I've sheathed the walls and cathedraled the ceiling.

Great Shop Tour. I really like the pull-out storage cabinet.

I want to see the attic after you move everything up there :rolleyes:

Kyle,

Here's a link to a dark tour of the attic storage area and a quick inventory of what's up there now.

As an aside, anyone know if there's a way to embed videos in the form posts?

Kyle,

Here's a link to a dark tour of the attic storage area and a quick inventory of what's up there now.

As an aside, anyone know if there's a way to embed videos in the form posts?

Dyami, you'd have to first post them to a host server like Youtube. I embedded one yesterday in Off topic. Use the Insert Media button.

Dyami, you'd have to first post them to a host server like Youtube. I embedded one yesterday in Off topic. Use the Insert Media button.

Per my tweet, thanks for the attic tour. Let me know what doesn't make it back down into the shop after the remodel. That scroll saw looks nice...lol

Looks great, I love that idea for the pull out storage. Its got me thinkin!

Glad you like it. Here's a link to my blog post about the pull out storage unit. It's got some more details.

http://penultimatewoodshop.blogspot.com/2010/07/shop-furniture-sliding-storage-cabinet.html

Enjoy.