This is painful

shaneymack

Happy Birthday Shane

My birthday is on Saturday and I don't expect my wife will get me anything woodworking related - to be fair we don't usually buy each other much of anything for birthdays, Christmas, etc. since we already have pretty much everything we need.

WOW, lucky man. Happy bday Shane!

Nice gifts for sure. I've got that plane and it's an absolute beast. Veritas really killed it with their joinery planes in terms of features/comfort.

Happy B'day Shane! If you're down about not getting the reel mower I can hook you up!

Sweet!  Nice mix of goodies in that box.  Lucky man.  

I hope you thanked her properly, Shane. She's a keeper! Happy Birthday!

Thanks so much guys! Had a fantastic dinner and an overall awesome day. My wife really went all out to make the day fantastic. And Ross, I will be thanking her properly by taking her to Toronto for the weekend! No kids for three days!

Cant wait to put that shoulder plane and the rasp to work!! 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!  Great gifts Shane. But does the mrs have something up her sleeve?  Is she buttering you up to buy a new pony!  

Thanks Bryan! I showed her your post and she said if she was buttering me up for another horse she would have bought my entire LV wish list lol.

Happy birthday Shane, awesome gifts, and awesome wife!

Thanks Mike! 

So the wife gave me one thing from the box this morning. It solved the mystery of the red thing that we could see through the open corner. ebcdd0a9797daa7926c74fe1613a4de9.jpg9020fa031974cb5922d2b57550ac8deb.jpg

Cant wait to read these awesome books!!!

Happy Late Birthday Shane.  I took delivery on the same set of books a couple of weeks ago.  They look like they are going to be great reference although at this point I have only been able to thumb through them but I am looking forward to digging deep into them.

• Like 1

Happy Late Birthday Shane.  I took delivery on the same set of books a couple of weeks ago.  They look like they are going to be great reference although at this point I have only been able to thumb through them but I am looking forward to digging deep into them.

Thanks Chet! I am a ways through the first book and I really like it. I really like the way Tage writes. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Shane, did your set come with a dvd crammed in the box or one of the books or something?  Mine did, I wasn't expecting it but if you did make sure you watch it.  It is well worth it and you get a taste of his witty humor.

Ya it came with the dvd. What is it? Is it actually Tage teaching? I look forward to watching it whatever it is. Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk