Grizzly BS Fence not locking down

Brendon_t

Last night I downloaded the pdf manual which was throughly not helpful so lets see if the brain trust has any ideas. 

On a few occasions, I have locked the fence down on my G0555anv saw for a long rip cut, had low to moderate featherboard pressure installed before the blade. A few feet into the rip, I notice the cut is no longer straight. I kill the motor,back the blade out to find that the fence is 1/4, or 1/2" higher than it was set for. The handle is still securely down and the fence isn't moving but it has creeped up.

Initially, I turned the cam lock adjuster in more to hold the fence tighter until it wouldn't lock down and backed off about half a turn. There is a definate clamping of the rail now.

Any experience or ideas? 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with the fence on my Jet bandsaw when I first got it. Came to find out that a small plastic shim was missing from the clamping mechanism and when the cam was locked down I had a space between the rail and the fence like yourself. Using a small piece of plastic that I had in the shop and some CA glue, I was able to fix it and it clamps solidly now. It sounds like you're not missing any pieces on yours, but possibly the tolerances during production were just out of whack. A small shim would probably do the trick if you don't feel like going the route of a return/replacement on it.

• Like 1

I have that saw/fence and don't have the problem. I looked at the manual but didn't see any obvious adjustment procedures. I'd look at the fence adjustment plate (#200) to see if there is something that could be done there.  Also, check to make sure the bearing pads aren't missing (#130).  It's also possible that the holes for the cam pivot bolt (ref # 157) are worn or simply drilled wrong. Maybe shimming under the fence adjustment plate would do it.  But, call them. My experience with Griz is they will take care of you. I'd like to hear what the fix is.

griz fence 555.png