Usernames

WoodDoesntTalkBack

I have been browsing this forum for days now and have seen some self explanatory user names and then some oddballs. Mine basically means that I can go out to the garage and work with the wood and it doesn't give me any lip. It doesn't tell me to take out the garbage or "reseal the grout in the tub instead of carving a bird". So, what does yours mean?

Simple my name. lol i wonder what wood would say if it could talk back.

"Hey fool dont even think about putting me through that saw. I saw what you did to my friends and I want no part of it."

"Dont worry it will only hurt for a few seconds, and then you will have multiple personalities but in the end we will make you one big happy family"

Wow way to much time on my hands

My name on here is just my name, but I use Tumblewood a lot, too. It's the name of my shop. I live in the desert and we have these small to VW bug size aliens that run across the landscape everytime there's a windstorm. It's Russian Thistle, but commonly known as tumbleweed. A small one will spread over 30,000 seeds. Pretty amazing and tenacious weed. Btw, the name of my company is/will be TumbleWoodworks.

Nickname picked up in High School. It is shortened from Tracey, which is my last name. I have a daughter-in-law whose first name is Tracy, so she is Tracy Ann Tracey, which sounds like a law firm.

Mine doesn't mean much now, but I'm hoping it will someday... ;)

(I actually was trying to get my other screen name as mine, but I mistakenly put my name in instead of my screen name. Now, I wouldn't change it even if I knew how.)

I'm not really sure what mine means... I'll have to check with Mom...

One thing I know for sure is that it takes that name, AND $5 to get a pint of Guinness at the pub.

I love beer and really like Guinness when it's available in the keg, but that canned Guinness they were trying to sell was blech!!

Absolutely nuthin, its just a name I used back when I was playing Planetside (it started out as IHatePants as a joke with my outfit/clan). While I am a mister my last name isn't Pants. I just threw it up as a usual when registering, but I'm thinking of changing it to something more appropriate (like Kevin B or something).

This has been my screen name for all the years I have been online. I wanted something gender neutral. I was reading a book on King Arthur that gave Merlin's first name as Emrys. That was taken so I added an M from my real name. Usually when folks get to know me they shorten it to Emm or Emms.

RenaissanceWW is the truncated version of Renaissance Woodworker which is of course my podcast and blog brand name. I started this because I just to get made fun of for having too many interests and being a bit of a Cliff Claven with my inane facts. As I started in woodworking, I just could not decide on a style or niche as I love it all. I figured a learned way of describing ADD is the whole Renaissance man moniker.

Simple my name. lol i wonder what wood would say if it could talk back.

"Hey fool dont even think about putting me through that saw. I saw what you did to my friends and I want no part of it."

"Dont worry it will only hurt for a few seconds, and then you will have multiple personalities but in the end we will make you one big happy family"

Wow way to much time on my hands

This is pretty damn funny is you ask me. I'm willing to bet that my piece would probably criticize me... "You're doing it wrong"... or "It looks nothing like the drawing"... or "Why don't you leave me alone and organize your tools".

mine is just my first name, and the last is my rebellion against the lack of privacy online anymore by using Nunya as a last name as in "Nunya business" seems like everything you sign up for anymore is one step away from asking for a DNA sample then they just sell your info to stupid advertising company's and you get your email box explode with spam about pills to enlarge my junk :lol: .

mine is just my first name, and the last is my rebellion against the lack of privacy online anymore by using Nunya as a last name as in "Nunya business" seems like everything you sign up for anymore is one step away from asking for a DNA sample then they just sell your info to stupid advertising company's and you get your email box explode with spam about pills to enlarge my junk :lol: .

i never have the problem with using my last name

When I was in grad school, we had a classmate named Traci. Some of us had a nickname for her - Switch. We called her Switch because during the day she was pleasant, professional, nice Traci - but after hours she turned into evil, raging man-hater Traci. Turned it on and off like a switch.

Anyways, one St. Patrick's Day, we are downtown at a bar enjoying ourselves. Traci had just gone through a kinda nasty break-up and was on one of her man-hater rants. My buddy Zach put his arm around her and said "Traci, take Steve here. He's carrying the torch for all the nice guys out there." From that point forward, it kinda just stuck. Torch.

The house I live in in France was built in the late 1500,s originally owned by the King's equerry and called Le Bois-Servant there were two other houses built in my yard in the 1800,s but they are both derelict now. Le Bois-Servant means The Wood Servant very appropriate and entirely accidental on my part. My nearest neighbour's hamlet is called Les Planches which means The Planks, and the next nearest neighbour Hamlet is called la Brousse which means The Bush. Apparently they appeared sometime in the 1600,s but sadly La Brousse will disappear soon to make way for a TGV line (It's Progress?'