Which mortising machne

Bluesssman

I haven't used either but if I had to chose, I'd go with the http://www.rockler.com/powermatic-benchtop-deluxe-mortiser?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&sid=V9146&gclid=CKinmNi-ysoCFdg2gQodGl0I1A or the http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/general-international-75-050t-m1-5-8-inch-hollow-chisel-mortiser-with-tilting-head/?gclid=CLOmssG-ysoCFdgWgQodTtwLvg. Again I've never used either. But the General with the tilting head looks pretty dope if you ask me. The Powermatic has a lot of cool features though, there's also a good review on YouTube.

I have used a jet and powermatic floor model mortiser. They were essentially the same identical machine with the only difference being in the Chuck used. I liked both machines just fine but I don't know how a benchtop unit would hold up long term. The amount of stress on the parts was no joke. I don't own a domino, but if you can't afford a floor model mortiser I would seriously consider going that route over a benchtop unit. 

I have a HCM attachment for my drill press which isn't great. I also have a Domino machine ( the smaller one) . It works great ! So unless you are set on traditional mortice & tenon joinery take a hard look at a Domino. It needs a vac hose attached to work but you can adapt your existing vac hose to fit. So Festools dust collector is not an absolute necessity at first.

They make 2 size machines smaller one for cabinets and furniture work and a bigger machine for large furniture and things like  big wooden doors. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wdwerker said:

I have a HCM attachment for my drill press which isn't great. I also have a Domino machine ( the smaller one) . It works great ! So unless you are set on traditional mortice & tenon joinery take a hard look at a Domino. It needs a vac hose attached to work but you can adapt your existing vac hose to fit. So Festools dust collector is not an absolute necessity at first.

They make 2 size machines smaller one for cabinets and furniture work and a bigger machine for large furniture and things like  big wooden doors. 

Domino - that said from the proud owner of the Powermatic 719T - which is a very good machine