You tube video posters. : / I don't get it.

Brendon_t

Hard for me to hate on Minecraft when I played World of Warcraft for a few years. Talk about games you can't win. 

@thewoodwhisperer - Your kid may live in a world where his son doesn't understand what the big fuss was about cancer, or a world that didn't have nanobots and a Mars colony. Honestly I'd like to skip forward to that world and check it out. As long as I can rent all the Batman movies I missed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cliff said:

@thewoodwhispererAs long as I can rent all the Batman movies I missed. 

At that point you don't rent movies, you just think to yourself, "I'd like to watch that Batman movie I missed," your brain download starts automatically and you watch it on the inside of your eyelids.  You can also pause time so you don't have to waste two hours of your life watching Batman Part XXXVII.  And your popcorn is in liquid form and you suck it out of a foil bag.  Similar to the one you have to wear if you wanna go outside. LOL I weep for my children's children's children.

• Like 1

People make money off views and ad revenue.

They are spamming advertising. Not much worse than handing pamphlets out at the mall if you ask me. Granted, all should be done within the confines of the rules of the forums they are utilizing.

Peoples forms of entertainment is subjective. There are kids 15-18 years old making more in a year doing youtube videos than some of us will see in a lifetime of working. You may not enjoy it, but to look down on it is kind of silly as well. If you dont like it, dont endorse it. They found an avenue they were successful at, hard to shame or fault them for that.

How many of us are here because of the wood whisperer youtube series...

16 hours ago, bob493 said:

How many of us are here because of the wood whisperer youtube series...

Just because something makes truckloads of money on YouTube doesn't mean it has any substantial value or is going to improve the viewer in any way at all.

You can't put Diamond Minecart or Stamp Cat videos in the same class as the Wood Whisperer, or any number of other videos that actually have some educational or redemptive value.

That said, there certainly is room for a limited amount of mindless entertainment.

On 4/24/2016 at 10:19 PM, krtwood said:

It's hard to get your channel started and just spamming yourself is something that may seem like the only way to go if you are shameless enough to do that.

I generally get somewhere between $30 and $50 a month from my channel with 28k subs.  

I will shamelessly plug krtwood...because this one is pretty awesome and much respect to anyone willing to put that much time and effort into getting something right...