A Few Pic of My Shop to Share

dlamulle

Hello Friends,

I thought I might take a few pictures of my shop and share them with everyone. These are four from different angles to give you a basic view. I've never posted pics before so we'll see how they look. I'll post a few more every day If you would like to see some more details. I also took a few pics of the current project I'm working on and I'll share them with everyone later this week. Hope you enjoy.

Dave

post-2709-0-49403300-1294195595_thumb.pn

post-2709-0-67216900-1294195604_thumb.jp

post-2709-0-52807800-1294195613_thumb.jp

post-2709-0-14566000-1294195622_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Well, i had bought the Delta saw first in '04 and had no problems with it at all, almost. After a very close call I had due to a kickback, my wife gave me the Sawstop for Christmas last year . I was going to sell the X5 but while I was assembling the SS the Delta was sitting in the space where it is now and I just started moving them around to get some ideas and thought if I had two I could have one for crosscuts and one for ripping. I move back and forth between them now and only use the Delta for cuts with a sled or other fixtures. I already had all the jigs made for it and it would have taken so much time to rebuilt them all to now fit the SS. I know it seems over the top but considering what I could have sold it for last year it was easier to keep it and use it. Now after using it like this I love it.

Dave

<envy on>

About three quarters the size of my apartment...

... It looks like its half the size of my house...

Dave, so do you park the aeroplane on the drive now?

</envy off>

I'm sure it took you plenty of time to get to this point, but there ain't nuttin' gonna stop ya now!

Thanks for the tour. Lovely shop.

<envy on>

About three quarters the size of my apartment...

Dave, so do you park the aeroplane on the drive now?

</envy off>

I'm sure it took you plenty of time to get to this point, but there ain't nuttin' gonna stop ya now!

Thanks for the tour. Lovely shop.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I don't own an aeroplane but I park the helicopter on the roof of my 50' RV. Hehe J/K of course. I was actually hesitant to post my pics for fear of showing off, but I have been wanting my shop for many years and have almost got it where I want it. I started building it myself in the spring of '04. I had just finished the inside and loaded it up with my tools in the summer of '05. Hmmm anyone remember any big happenings in Louisiana in Aug of '05? Yup, Katrina tore the roof off and soaked everything. Sooo I redid the wood ceiling, you can still see a little bowing in the ceiling in one of my pics, got some new tools and started again. I will post some pics of the other rooms this week. It's 36' wide by 44' long with 5 rooms. Main room which you have seen, sharpening room, wood storage to acclimate, Vac and air compressor room and restroom.

Dave

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughtful and kind comments. I also would like to post some more pics and maybe give some details of how it was build and some designs I added during construction that worked great. See you tonight at the meeting.

Dave

Hello Friends,

I thought I might take a few pictures of my shop and share them with everyone. These are four from different angles to give you a basic view. I've never posted pics before so we'll see how they look. I'll post a few more every day If you would like to see some more details. I also took a few pics of the current project I'm working on and I'll share them with everyone later this week. Hope you enjoy.

Dave

That is a spacious, well set up shop with great tools. I think you need a few more clamps, but that is just me. You have a Shop-Mahal for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That is a spacious, well set up shop with great tools. I think you need a few more clamps, but that is just me. You have a Shop-Mahal for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Man!!!! I just used up three boxes of Kleenexand am still weeping. I've been at it for more than forty years and my shop will never look like that. But just one thing bothers me. Where is the sawdust?

Dave,

What wood are the walls and ceiling ?

Jim,

I got a great deal on T&G clear pine at the BORG while I was building it so I went with that. I've always loved the look of wooden walls for a workshop and I had grown so tired of sheetrock walls with their dings and punctures with the lightest touch of a piece of wood and also having to find a stud every time I wanted to hang a jig or a shelf. Now I can close my eyes and put my finger on a wall and hang anything right there. I used a coat of sanding sealer and two coats of poly for a finish and it's doing great.

Thanks for asking.

Dave

Dave,

Great shop. I would love to see a video tour of it if have a video recorder. I can not wait to see the rest of the place.

Andy

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, and thanks Andy for wanting to see more. I'll post some more detailed pictures and maybe some descriptions of things in the next couple of days. I have a digital recorder if I can only figure out how to post a video. Maybe my daughter can help me. Any advice on how to post a video if that is even possible?

Dave

Well, i had bought the Delta saw first in '04 and had no problems with it at all, almost. After a very close call I had due to a kickback, my wife gave me the Sawstop for Christmas last year . I was going to sell the X5 but while I was assembling the SS the Delta was sitting in the space where it is now and I just started moving them around to get some ideas and thought if I had two I could have one for crosscuts and one for ripping. I move back and forth between them now and only use the Delta for cuts with a sled or other fixtures. I already had all the jigs made for it and it would have taken so much time to rebuilt them all to now fit the SS. I know it seems over the top but considering what I could have sold it for last year it was easier to keep it and use it. Now after using it like this I love it.

Dave

I love the two table saw system.

I have total shop envy. I'm on my third shop right now, and none of them have been as sweet as yours.

Once question, do you ever use that radial arm saw?

The reason I ask is that you say you had a near miss with your table saw. I used to have a radial arm saw and it didn't take me long to realize that sooner or later that thing was going to kill me. (Or at least claim a finger.) I got rid of it and got the sliding compound miter. I feel it is much safer. Ever run into a near miss with the radial arm saw?

Once again. Your shop is awesome.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, and thanks Andy for wanting to see more. I'll post some more detailed pictures and maybe some descriptions of things in the next couple of days. I have a digital recorder if I can only figure out how to post a video. Maybe my daughter can help me. Any advice on how to post a video if that is even possible?

Dave

Dave,

Maybe you could just post a youtube video and provide us a link.

Chet

Dave,

Maybe you could just post a youtube video and provide us a link.

Chet

Brother,

That's a wonderful idea!! I will plan on doing something this weekend. Shop is a bit of a mess but that's the idea right? Love your shop video Chet, everyone needs to check it out.

Dave