Interior door question

bradpotts

I am about to make a bunch of interior doors. I have seen where many people have used normal wood for the style and rails. I think that manufactures make the style and rails by gluing the faces of the boards together then putting a veneer over the edges. I am sure that they do this for wood movement. I was thinking of building them with the latter method but was wondering your guys' opinion.

The most stable construction is stave core, I believe.  Think edge grain cutting board, covered by a thick face veneer. You don't need to do anything to the edges in that construction, because they will be face grain.  Typically you use softwood for the core - it is lighter, more stable, and cheaper.  I guess you could use your face species for the outer staves, so the exposed edges and profiles will match your face species. 

I think you can even buy stave core already glued up, and cut to size and veneer yourself.