Table saw adjustments

houstonwoodworker

That's the table top button arrangement? Chances are it only locks into one spot, so try to spin the blade a full revolution while pushing that button firmly. For the blade height, I'd inspect inside the cabinet paying close attention to any build up of dust on threads or stops. I suspect something is hanging the carriage up. Any chance the blade needs to be all the way up to engage the arbor lock?

You have sawdust buildup on the underside of your table. Remove the rear dust collection cover and take an air hose and spray the whole underside of the tabletop in all nooks and cranneys. Tilt the blade and do this several times and both will operate as new. 

So I finally got the chance to do as you advised...really sprayed out underneath the table and cleaned some of the threads. I was able to get the blade beneath the table (barely) after turning the handle pretty hard. 

I still can't get the arbor lock button to engage. I looked closer at it and noticed that the two holes do not align. Checkout the attached picture. Any ideas how to fix this???

13 hours ago, houstonwoodworker said:

i just did that and it worked! So simple, can't believe I spent so much time trying to figure it out! Haha. Thanks for the tip. 

Is there a certain spray lubricant that you recommend for spraying inside table saw?

I think that a dry lube would be best.  Get it as clean as possible then give it a good coat.  If you use something wet, it will collect lots of dust.

• 3 years later...

Hey everyone. Unfortunately I need help with his again. Same issues. I have tried everything listed already and it didn’t work. It seems like the bearing arm is moving just fine and is clean. For some reason, it doesn’t seem to move all the way in either direction bc the blade won’t lower beneath the surface and also won’t go high enough to engage the lock for blade changes. Anyone have any other ideas before I call jet? I’m hoping it’s something simple, really don’t want to have to take it all apart.