Janello

Game Changer

4 minutes ago, C Shaffer said:

Laughably ignorant of the way those publications work. No one cares who started the saying, but tens of thousand read it in each publication.

Lennon's album sold close to 5mln copies globally..... I think it is safe to say more people heard it directly from him than from all of those other publications combined... certainly more living people have heard it from that record (or from someone who heard it on that record).

LMAO, Reader's Digest had surpassed 20 million copies in 1938 and grew from there. My number was conservative because I had not taken the time to dig. Now that I have there is one last gasp for the Lennon fans. I think radio did more for rockers of that era than albums did. I don't know how to figure that influence, but I do know most music listeners are dumb. Most don't know many words to their favorite songs. The same thing that makes you intellectual craftsmen is the same thing that makes you remember details in music. Oddly enough, there seems to be a good connection between the appreciation of music and craftsmanship in general. 

More people alive today were listening to Double Fantasy in 1980 than those reading Reader's Digest in 1938.  I've heard the expression from exactly one source my whole life until today...from another source I would assume also heard it from Lennon rather than some obscure passage from antiquity.  I suppose George Bush wasn't the first moron to say "misunderestimate"...but I sure as hell haven't heard it anywhere else.

• Like 1

It is too near the original for me to think Lennon did more than quote. Sorry guys. It is always funny to underestimate the pre-radio readership. As a child in 1980, I was reading quotable quotes, humor in uniform, and laughter the best medicine in every issuance. I assume Double Fantasy is an album name? I am not familiar. 

Let me say this instead, to assume anything I know is from Lennon would be foolishness. It is too big a leap for someone who never really knew his stuff. I don't need to stretch to assume this is true of many others, even though you are mostly right. 

Another small shop guy here- one car garage.  Im well outfitted, and happy, in a small shop!  I went from 1000+ sq ft to 225 sq feet - big change!  It's how you use the space that matters.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Sure, but no one had heard it until Lennon wrote the song.  Let's be real.  I don't know any of those other guys and neither does anyone else.

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." - Solomon.

... and probably some before that.

47 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." - Solomon.

... and probably some before that.

I am fairly certain at some point a giant space rock will crash into Earth and kill everything except a few single celled organisms.   The entire evolutionary process will reset and in 5 million years a human like being will emerge, and in 5.5 million years we will have a new internet and a new woodwhisperer and a new woodtalkforum.  But there will never be another Beatles.  

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

I am fairly certain at some point a giant space rock will crash into Earth and kill everything except a few single celled organisms.   The entire evolutionary process will reset and in 5 million years a human like being will emerge, and in 5.5 million years we will have a new internet and a new woodwhisperer and a new woodtalkforum.  But there will never be another Beatles.  

I've thought about it and tried, and thought about it and tried, but couldn't have said it better.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CandorLush said:

*puts on Nomex suit*

Good.  

don't worry, I am sure Nickelback will be part of Earth 2.0

1 minute ago, Lester Burnham said:

That's low, man.

Ok, I fixed it: 

5 hours ago, Mike. said:

don't worry, I am sure Coldplay will be part of Earth 2.0

3 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

No. No, it's not worse. It's close.

I'll give you that, but will put Nirvana in between.... wow we have derailed this thread lol

At least Coldplay had Parachutes.  They suck now but they had potential at one time.  Nickelback has only the purest of douche from the beginning of time.

• Like 1

In Utero is a good album.  Nevermind is over rated.  

More than 10 minutes of Coldplay and I want to go out like Kurt Cobain.   Eric, I will take your word that they had one good album, but my family needs me so I can't listen for myself.  

John,

Good luck in everything involved with your move. I couldn't imagine living somewhere else. I drove 4 million miles all over the US and Canada, but always had the home I was born in to go home to.

• Like 1