Game Changer

Janello

11 hours ago, K Cooper said:

John, when you speak of shore, what area of the country, NE? I live on the Gulf Coast and when we speak of water, we call it the beach. Just wondering? And when and if it does happen, good luck to you in your new digs!

Jersey Shore. But don't confuse that with the reality TV show, Jersey Shore that makes us look like losers.

We are looking in the Silverton section of Toms River. If you search Silver Bay, Toms River NJ in google earth, you'll see a wide lagoon on the north side of silver bay with a beach at the end...that's the general area.

I echo all the above good wishes and hope you remain engaged in woodworking AND pick up a new hobby or two.

By the way my recollection of the Jersey Shore is of a nice place to be.  And the state in general is very pretty once you get some elbow room from NYC.  

On 1/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Rapid Roger said:

This reminds me of my wife's fav quote from our bishop.

"Life is what happens when you are planning something else." :)

Your bishop is ripping off his material. :D

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Sure, but no one had heard it until Lennon wrote the song.  Let's be real.  I don't know any of those other guys and neither does anyone else.

Laughably ignorant of the way those publications work. No one cares who started the saying, but tens of thousand read it in each publication. They found it pithy. What's funny is, I don't know the Lennon song from anything other than the last few years. Did not grow up around it. Don't even care for it. It is a cultural icon that is absent in many places in the country. That is not to bash it. Just a reality that cannot be ignored. The song does not seem to be received as geniously novel, just poignantly authentic. Two cents, no more...