Dado Jig Resfresh - L Fence

gee-dub

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

It is a pretty cool jig. I saw this video a while back with Bob van Dyke talking about it.

http://www.finewoodworking.com/2014/07/30/versatile-tablesaw-l-fence

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Not to hijack gee-dub but thanks for the video share, Shane

No hi-jack at all.  That's where I learned about it.  I meant to link to that in my post.  Thanks Shaneymack :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wdwerker said:

However those occasional accidental touches on the foot switch can scare the crap out of you.

I wouldn't know about that :D.  After a few surprises I have learned to give the pedal a wide berth when passing by.  Funny story.  I ordered a mandrel from Grizzly.  UPS managed to deliver it half out of the box with a bent shaft.  Not their fault, poor packing.

Grizzly sent a replacement and said keep the original.  I bent the shaft back good enough to eliminate the vibration (not super critical for a sanding mop).  So now I had two.  What to do . . . ?  It didn't take much pondering to come up with a way to use them both :).

1 hour ago, gee-dub said:

Grizzly sent a replacement and said keep the original.  I bent the shaft back good enough to eliminate the vibration (not super critical for a sanding mop).  So now I had two.  What to do . . . ?  It didn't take much pondering to come up with a way to use them both

Ya got to love it when a master plan comes together. :D

I keep 3 or 4 sanding mops chucked in reversible air drills ( under $20 at HF). It's easy to swap drills and work through the grits. This only works if you have a big air compressor (6 hp - 60 gallon tank ) If you run them in both directions it cuts off all those little stray fibers, but if the nuts on the arbors aren't tight they try to come apart.

Your rig looks much better for small to medium size parts.