Peg board or plywood?

Richiep

• 3 weeks later...

I started my shop with lots of peg board.

However, one thing about pegboard that bothered me more and more over time was getting tools off and having the pegs fall off. I secured them with peg holders, screws etc but they continued to plague me by falling off.

I recently discovered the French cleat system and started converting my walls into this storage format.

I still have a few pegboards, but the cleat system is very useful, neat and I can have all my small power tools displayed and handy on the wall rather than stuck in a drawer.

It has helped me gain lots of extra storage in my shop and allowed me to remove items from the wall that I seldom if ever use.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, new2woodwrk said:

However, one thing about pegboard that bothered me more and more over time was getting tools off and having the pegs fall off. I secured them with peg holders, screws etc but they continued to plague me by falling off.

I solved that problem this way:

SAM_0129_zpsxrrgggv3.thumb.JPG.2c133cb83f161440a2586ce2d095909e.JPG32675adf-7129-4eb9-bab7-301921958691_zps55c3mwwr.JPG.1ebf53064fe91345625053b3511a57c9.JPG

It involves doubling the end of a piece of 12 ga electrical wire, putting a "Z" bend in it, then cranking it around the hanger to tighten it up. It takes about a minute to do and keeps the hanger tight to the pegboard. It is easily removed by clipping it off and making another.

• Like 1