Dewalt DW621 Router

Alan G

I have a DW 621. I have a few small complaints, but all in all, its a decent router. I bought it used for $75, then bought an edge guide, a 1/2" collet and a couple other accessories for about another $75. My complaints are that the switch is pretty cumbersome, and the base seems awful small and makes the router seem quite top heavy. Its not too bad once you learn to deal with those things. Ill probably run it until either it craps out, or I run out of other tools to upgrade and buy the Festool 1400.

9 hours ago, BuilderBill said:

Really nice router with the best dust collection(and I have the OF1400). If you can get a used one for $100 that hasn't been beat to heck jump on it.

My only complaint is with the trigger lock but if you're used to the 625 that won't be a problem.

The power switch is one of a few complaints I have with the 625.

Hi Alan

I have the Elu versions of these routers (177e and MOF97, respectively). All of them get used. I purchased the 177e 25 years ago. The MOF97 is a favourite - very well balanced and excellent dust control.

I hear good things about the Dewalt offspring. These routers are still in a class of their own, in spite of their age. Indeed, I just picked up a used 177e for my router table.

1_zpsobhresxb.jpg

Above: Elu 177e, Elu MOF97, and Elu MOF96

Regards from Perth

Derek

I have 2 dw621's. They served me well until I broke one and thought I broke the other. Never figured out what happened to the second one, didn't turn on one day, but tried it a few weeks ago and it worked. The other I tightened the collet too much and cracked the plate that it goes into. $100 is pretty good. I think I paid $189 for one of mine, used. The other as part of a router table package that I picked up for $500. 

I do think my Bosch and Festool routers are better, but neither were $100.