Air cleaner placement, no good options

PWRFULZ3R0

Bought the JET AFS-1000B on amazon on black friday and now that I have it, I'm not sure where to put this beast.  From other threads I've read, the consensus is 1/3 the distance of the overalll length of the shop, and not lower than 6' or 2/3 the height, or something along those lines.  

The bigger problem is the space has bulkheads and other obstacles that leave me no good options.  The best I have at the moment is mounting it along the long wall at 1/3 the distance BUT there will be a large concrete pillar 2 feet in front of the inlet.  The outlet points right where I'm at most of the time.  I also have a smoke stick and have checked to see if this placement will promote good circulation and it will working in conjunction with the heater. 

So what are your thoughts on an obstacle 2 feet from the inlet?

Thanks in advance!

I just installed my newly purchased Jet unit.  I mounted mine sideways on the upper wall where there are exposed studs as I did not want it cutting into my head room.

20171219_1302041.thumb.jpg.ce80119cf9348c03ed1692f78be41cba.jpg

It is easy enough to move if the first install is not so good.

If you don't like where it's blowing consider fabricating a baffle out of card board.  I may end up doing this.

If you have not hung the unit up yet I suggest putting it on the floor and running it.  It really puts out quite a bit of air, and the air flow exits the unit at an angle.  That may be something that informs your decision on install location. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mark J said:

If you don't like where it's blowing consider fabricating a baffle out of card board.  --<snip>--

If you have not hung the unit up yet I suggest putting it on the floor and running it.  It really puts out quite a bit of air, and the air flow exits the unit at an angle.

I like having a healthy breeze 'round me privates. :D