Peppermill

Gixxerjoe04

2 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Hahahaha no that is one of the funniest " problems" that is yours valid, and I would have never thought about before hand.

The mill looks great.

Some people make turning nice stuff look easy, but turning spindle work or something like bottle stoppers, easy to go from square block to looks like a wiener looking real fast on accident haha, might sell better since.. well n/m. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gixxerjoe04 said:

Some people make turning nice stuff look easy, but turning spindle work or something like bottle stoppers, easy to go from square block to looks like a wiener looking real fast on accident haha, might sell better since.. well n/m. :lol:

I think your thinking about this the wrong way. Your making something that is functional but will have people grabbing wieners all the time ;). Some people might notice but will never say anything out of embarrassment.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

I think your thinking about this the wrong way. Your making something that is functional but will have people grabbing wieners all the time ;). Some people might notice but will never say anything out of embarrassment.

Wouldn't that just become a game to see how falic you can make it look, before someone says something.

26 minutes ago, I B said:

That just reminded me of something my high school shop teacher said to us before turning us loose on the lathe, "No weapons and no 'special gifts' for your girlfriend."

That's funny. My ceramics teacher said if you make something to smoke out of, I will add it to my extensive collection. 

My shop teacher said no weapons & no pipes. So one weekend before Christmas break I made about 50 little walnut pipes out of scrap. Tied a red ribbon around them and was giving them to all of my fellow hippies ( it was the 70's). By the end of the day at least half of them had been confiscated, idiots couldn't be discreet. Still had a few for years until my dog decided to chew them up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wdwerker said:

My shop teacher said no weapons & no pipes. So one weekend before Christmas break I made about 50 little walnut pipes out of scrap. Tied a red ribbon around them and was giving them to all of my fellow hippies ( it was the 70's). By the end of the day at least half of them had been confiscated, idiots couldn't be discreet. Still had a few for years until my dog decided to chew them up.

I've thought about making some pipes, I'm sure they'd sell just not sure about a finish choice for someone to be sucking on, of course they're inhaling smoke so they might not be concerned about that. 

• 2 weeks later...