Sprinkler Help

Chestnut

So i have a sprinkler head that is in the way of where i want to put my shed. It's not under the footprint but it is close that it'd be spraying it constantly. Can i just cap the end of the line and call it good or will i run into issues with stagnant water in the system? I know there are human health risks there but have no idea how it will impact a sprinkler system and lawns. Pictures becauseworthless27.jpg

0427181615a_HDR.thumb.jpg.b201534207162a32641bb8333ebe746c.jpg

0427181615c_HDR.thumb.jpg.7173cf6aaa4336b9b08d19db4453dd9a.jpg

0427181615_HDR.thumb.jpg.43fdefc92ebd85068dcd0dcdca11145b.jpg

Can you replace the head to a half/qtr circle spray? If not i would either take out the piping back to the next sprinkler head or find a one way valve for the end so when you blow it out in the fall you can get all the water out, otherwise you are likely to have problems. Tom is right on the back flow concern.

2 hours ago, Chestnut said:

My finger is the one. Highest point and was in a flower bed that didn't have anything in it.

0428180657_HDR-01.thumb.jpeg.63ab1532bd0817db0f3afc35a0c909ad.jpeg

Much better. Is the head to the right on that red zone outside of the shed footprint? If so, dig and elbow that head. The line under your shed could be a nightmare if it ever leaked. 

4 hours ago, C Shaffer said:

Much better. Is the head to the right on that red zone outside of the shed footprint? If so, dig and elbow that head. The line under your shed could be a nightmare if it ever leaked. 

It won't be under the shed. It's close to the edge so i'm going to dig it up and move it over for now, just to get the current project finished. The head that is previous to it in the line is buried underneath a spruce tree. That's an easy fix i can just try and save the elbow that is at the end currently. If something doesn't work then I'll have the exact part i need so it'll be easy to find in the store.

2 hours ago, pkinneb said:

You are correct same piece as the one I did. There were some really nice pieces down there. Those speakers were cool and Joe Morgan's work is always awesome.

They didn't have names out when i was there and i don't know the work well enough to match them to names. The clock was amazing. On the whole there was a lot of stuff that was just way to off the wall for me. My favorite was the walnut and maple sofa table. I also really enjoyed the Chikidee inlay cabinet.

• Like 1

You can just "cap it"...  But it might be better to go back to the next one and replace the tee with an elbow.

Or you could replace the head with one with a different spray pattern.

We have a sprinkler in our yard, but I hardly ever use it.   Maybe two or three times in the summer and that's it.   Why on earth would I want the grass to grow more?