Random Tip #17 - Near Endless Glue Cups

gee-dub

A friend of mine would grab a stack of the little sauce cups from Waba Grill every time we would get lunch there. He used them as paint cups for scale models.

I have a lot of small plastic and glass jars from puréed foods for our daughter, but haven’t seen any that same shape/size. 

2 hours ago, JohnG said:

A friend of mine would grab a stack of the little sauce cups from Waba Grill every time we would get lunch there. He used them as paint cups for scale models.

I have a lot of small plastic and glass jars from puréed foods for our daughter, but haven’t seen any that same shape/size. 

I must confess that I have rationalized to myself that since I take my coffee black, it is OK for me to grab a batch of wooden stirrer sticks whenever I go to a coffee shop.

14 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Gee-dubb, so you dip your brush instead of applying the glue straight from the bottle and brushing it on? 

Depending on the activity.  For long seams like you find in panel glue-ups I run a bead straight out of the bottle and spread it with a stir-stick or one of those little plastic paddles Lee Valley sells in packs of 6.  I think I have a lifetime supply; I have been using the first one out of the bag for years :D.  For large areas I squirt from the bottle and spread with a roller or a notched credit card.

For things like small parts (like trim) joining into or onto assemblies, finger joints, dovetails, short mitered surfaces (frames), mortise work, etc. I find it much less messy to deliver the glue from a cup than directly from the bottle even though my "bottles" are generally Glu-Bots :).

• Like 1