HVLP Decision

Lane

I am going to invest in a 5 stage HVLP (turbine) system finally to improve my work and opportunities. I am torn between Apollo 5 stage and Fuji 5 stage. I would appreciate opinions on both and briefly why. In other words which is better?  I'm only interested in those two. Thanks in advance for your help smile.gif

I don't think either would treat you wrong. I have a Fuji 4 stage and it does everything i need it to and more. Off the top of my head i don't know any one on the site that has an Apollo turbine. Apollo was talked about in another thread and Tom likes them so I'm sure you can't go wrong there either. You are choosing between 2 good systems the finances will probably have to decide it, generally you get what you pay for.

One of my co-workers has an Apollo and loves it.  It's an older model and I don't know how many stages it is, but he said it has a heater of some sort that heats the finish as it's exiting the gun.  That sounds like a bad idea to me, but he gets great results with it.

That said...it seems much easier to find reviews and info on Fuji, I've always assumed there's a reason for that.

All turbines heat the air.  Not on purpose, but just from going through the turbines.  You don't hear much about it, but some finishes don't do the best sprayed with a turbine.  I never thought about it before, but tried using a turbine for a supplied air source, and it didn't take long to find out it didn't work in hot weather.

The only HVLP turbine system that I have any more is a cheap single stage that I only use for spraying oil based primer outside.