Shop Storage Shelf

Chestnut

I like the systainers personally. In a perfect world my little bench thing would have pullout platforms that hold the systainers, instead of me stacking them 2-3 high and 2 deep (so if I want something on the bottom back, I have to remove maybe as many as 6 systainers.) I can see how the same pullout things would hold more tools - but then I'd have all these systainers and nowhere to put them. 

I also have my sandpaper in a systainer. It's good but could work better for me. If I hadn't bought it used online full of sandpaper I'd not have bought one just to hold paper. 

Anyway, looks nice. You are using your space well. I'm envious you are able to get a miter station in there. I'm hoping to figure that out some day myself. 

4 minutes ago, Cliff said:

I like the systainers personally. In a perfect world my little bench thing would have pullout platforms that hold the systainers, instead of me stacking them 2-3 high and 2 deep (so if I want something on the bottom back, I have to remove maybe as many as 6 systainers.) I can see how the same pullout things would hold more tools - but then I'd have all these systainers and nowhere to put them. 

I also have my sandpaper in a systainer. It's good but could work better for me. If I hadn't bought it used online full of sandpaper I'd not have bought one just to hold paper. 

Anyway, looks nice. You are using your space well. I'm envious you are able to get a miter station in there. I'm hoping to figure that out some day myself. 

I keep my dominoes in a systainer. I mean to each their own. Some of them like the ones for sand paper and the dominoes make sense a lot more. Even the sanders i could hear an argument for but I could probably fit a couple ETS sanders in the wasted space in the TSC 55 & TSC75 case. Also I'm lazy so after a while of storing the tools in the case lead to cases strewn about and tools sitting on work surfaces. That got old fast.

I just chucked the cases in the attic of my shed to be forgotten about until .... well i hope i do just forget about them for ever.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chip Sawdust said:

I never really thought systainers would be that useful. Aren't they basically just plastic boxes? 

They are really useful if your tools leave you shop.Because they lock together they make excellent out feed support when you are setting up a shop. Also seen them used as a stand to help hang DC piping.

I'm giving them a rough deal they arne't that bad.

• Like 2