TS Sleds

..Kev

5 minutes ago, Chet said:

Maybe I missed it but did your runner material come in a strip that you cut to length or did you get a piece that you cut into strips?

I ordered the strips and then cut them to length.  There's a few places that have them.

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

Hey Kev,  when doing the 5 cut method I noticed that you didn't divide your measurement by 4, so your sled is more accurate than you think.  The error is only .001/15 inches, which ain't bad for government work!  :)

No..  On camera, I was just looking to show that it was pretty good..  It's always hard to figure out what should go in and what should be edited out..  I thought Ng did the method much more justice than I would...lol

Do you only cut tenons on 3/4" stock?  I would think the thickness of your backer piece with the clamps on it would limit you.  For someone who cuts tenons in items of varied thickness they may want to design a different clamping system.

Myself, I use the dado stack to waste away the cheeks with my stock horizontal to the table rather than sticking straight up over the table.  Seems simpler.

39 minutes ago, Byrdie said:

Do you only cut tenons on 3/4" stock?  I would think the thickness of your backer piece with the clamps on it would limit you.  For someone who cuts tenons in items of varied thickness they may want to design a different clamping system.

Myself, I use the dado stack to waste away the cheeks with my stock horizontal to the table rather than sticking straight up over the table.  Seems simpler.

Mostly 3/4, yes.  It would be easy enough to add a thicker backer board to it.  You could also simply add to the strip that's there if the need arose.

I don't use that jig a lot.  Like you, I tend to use the stack but, if I have a bunch of batching to do, then that's when I set this up.  No cleaning up with a shoulder plane.