Sign in to follow this  
Russell

Creating a Sixteen Foot Trestle Table

I'm not at all a fan of the current trend in trashy-rustic. But man, when something is given an aged, used look as well as that, it's beautiful.

• Like 1

it was a good deal of work making it look (authentically) aged / brand new red oak is orange looking and finding any other hardwood in those timber lengths is difficult & would have added a lot to the price

And that's another thing; you've made that red oak look real good with the color of the finishing treatment.

43 minutes ago, drzaius said:

And that's another thing; you've made that red oak look real good with the color of the finishing treatment.

I totally agree, you made that red oak look really nice. I'll bet that thing weighs a ton.

I'm impressed. Not by the size alone, but by the fine construction and very well-executed aging process. A lot of folks would have taken shortcuts in the build, knowing it was to appear 'rustic'. Taking such care in the intial construction laid the perfect foundation for an 'aged' piece that really looks old, rather than shoddy and abused

Kudos.

Due to the angle, the first pic looks like a big ass coffee table with the height at the bottom of the window:)! That is one beautiful table. Well done father and son!