Another table saw

Squarepeg543

Hello all. I’m new on these pages although I’ve been reading you folk for quite some time. I’m a pro. For the last forty odd years I’ve been primarily a builder, homes for the most part, also a cabinetmaker, stair maker , and maker of fine furniture when time allows. For all of my working life I have supported myself working with wood. No claim to fame or that of being a master anything, just a guy who really knows his way around a job site or a shop and is comfortable in either or both, a bit old school in my ways and thinking. 
so to the meat of this thread.

New table saw for the shop.

This won’t be my first saw by any means, I’m hopeful it will be my last. I want a well built heavy saw with a nice flat table a good fence and a lot of power. That is really what a good table saw is, nothing more nothing less. All the technology, bells and whistles add nothing to a saw without the first three thing’s mentioned. After a lot of soul searching, no brand loyalty, and a healthy budget, I zeroed in on a Grizzly G1023rlwx 5 HP.  It is being delivered tomorrow.  The only thing I might not be completely satisfied with might be the fence, no micro adjustment for one thing. I have indeed worked over one of these machines and was impressed.  Hope I made a wise choice. 

• Like 2

Welcome!

There are a couple of G1023 owners around here, and I can't think of a time any of them complained about their saws!

Of course, if you REALLY meant this: " I want a well built heavy saw with a nice flat table a good fence and a lot of power", then you clearly wanted one of these:

http://www.northfieldwoodworking.com/tablesaws/4saw.htm

I know I do!  :D

14 minutes ago, Chet said:

Thats interesting, their website is still up and working.

I know but they are listed permanently closed on google maps. I was going to drive by Saturday when i was in the area and saw it (ran out of time). I can't find any evidence to support this though.

Lot was sold in 2010 to some LLC. They missed a tax payment the end of 2018. Can't find that it was listed for sale or anything else. I can't find any information on the company that owns the lot either.