Finally in the shop again

BillyJack

7 hours ago, curlyoak said:

Good luck Billy Jack! When is your surgery?

Thx....I had the surgery in August. I'm on dialysis not. Some days I'm in the shop some days I don't feel well enough to be in the shop...

I worked for a designer for 4 weeks in Dec. to help him finish a job and even at 5 hrs a day some days were difficult.  That 10-12 hr day thing I did all those years are gone. Better at housework now...

@BillyJack Have you tried the Mirka discs they're touting now that aren't really sandpaper but something that's supposed to last longer and vent dust easier? I was just thinking I should order some. I've not used their belts but the pack of discs I bought a few years ago are still doing quite well, and I thought a good value for the money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, Chip Sawdust said:

@BillyJack Have you tried the Mirka discs they're touting now that aren't really sandpaper but something that's supposed to last longer and vent dust easier? I was just thinking I should order some. I've not used their belts but the pack of discs I bought a few years ago are still doing quite well, and I thought a good value for the money.

There are a lot of companies that make good sandpaper disc.some last longer, some more agressive some better at the start, some paper some not.

All are in general  are good. How much you spend per disc and what's expected will define the meaning of happy. Over all I buy VSM When ever possible. I usually buy self sticking but will add a velcro to one of the sanders for use with Surf-prep sandpaper...

• Like 1