New look and feel

wtnhighlander

On 9/19/2020 at 10:46 PM, wtnhighlander said:

Anyone know how to access notifications and messages in tbe mobile view? I can open them if a notice pops up, but can't find a way to go back to them without switch to the desktop site, which doesn't adapt to small screens well at all.

Switch to night theme and the menu shows up. Otherwise i haven't found a way on the other 2 themes.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Personally I'm OK with the night theme, but I sure wish something could be done to fix the upside down photos.  

There's another update available and I sent Marc word last night.  Not sure what the timing looks like but, it looks like it will have some of the mobile fixes..

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chestnut said:

Yes i agree i liked clean but the lack of functionality on mobile was limiting. I wonder how hard it would be to build a theme?

Probably not that difficult: Customization info.  But it would take some time and effort. I doubt Marc or his IT guru will want to tackle that, but I suppose you can ask if you could submit a theme for their approval?

• 2 months later...

Ever since the new update, on my iPad I could not see the Woodworking Talk and the Community area on the screen at the same time. While in the Woodworking Talk area, I accidentally touched an arrow off to the right that was pointing to the left. The arrow changed directions and is now pointing down and I can now see everything on one screen. Hope this helps anyone that might be less computer literate than me, if such exists? :huh:

Now that I have exposed my hand, why can I only use the emojis shown on the above tool bar and not others available on my iPad? 

• Like 1

@Coop, the forum software allows only the 'emoji' codes it is programmed to understand. That way, they always work. Your iPad may support emoji codes that my android phone doesn't recognize, for example. They would just appear as crossed-out boxes to me, if they appear at all. Emoji are codes that tell the receiving device  what image to show from its internal library of images, rather than transferring images themselves. Much more efficient for data transfer, but libraries are not standardized very well across platforms or vendors.

• Like 2