What new projects do you have planned for 2022?

TerryMcK

On 1/31/2022 at 3:00 PM, Woodworking_Hobby said:

Do you not like the flip top carts or just wanting something different?  I was thinking of doing a flip top cart for my planer and future oscillating sander…someday. 

Oh, I loved the flip-carts in general. I just have ~1200sqft now rather than ~220sqft, so I don't really need that functionality any more.

I will say, after I did exactly as you're thinking... I largely stopped using the oscillating spindle sander since it was more of a pain to access. I don't do a ton of bandsaw work or other curved forms though, so for the small amount of spindle sanding I did it was just as fast to chuck up the drill press than flip the table and pull out the accessories from their drawer (since with the flip top I couldn't keep them in the Rigid's base). But if you plane less and sand more it may work out better for you.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2022 at 8:50 PM, Woodworking_Hobby said:

Anyone making progress on their list for the year?  I have two done and three sitting at about 75%. I will call that a win heading into the last week in April. 

Good for you. I just looked back at my list and I haven't made much progress. The floor is in and majority of the baseboard is in, just a few small parts that will take forever to do. So 1 done, 1 90% of the way and maybe 1 75% of the way done.

Sadly, I think they're all going to be put on pause while I work on the one paid job. Might have to take some days off here soon to finish things up.

• Like 2