Pool Table Spectator Chairs

pkinneb

10 hours ago, pkinneb said:

I realized I left way to much waste and for the other three I trimmed them down further at the BS before flushing them up at the router table. This worked much better. looking to get to about 1/32nd if possible without hitting the template.

Looking at the photos, it didn't seem like your original BS work left excessive work for the router, but that may just be the pictures.  Must take a very steady hand to trim to within 1/32".  B)

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, Mark J said:

Looking at the photos, it didn't seem like your original BS work left excessive work for the router, but that may just be the pictures.  Must take a very steady hand to trim to within 1/32".  B)

There was about an 1/8" or more and this made for a bit of a rippled surface conversely getting it really close made for a smooth finish right of the router table. Having said that a couple passes with the hand plane smoothed out the first one in no time. Probably just me but that router bit is scary just to look at so the quicker I can be done the better and trimming it closer definitely made that process quicker :D

On 11/19/2023 at 6:21 AM, BillyJack said:

Looking good. We made several to try to get into the market , but I think they were too high on the  price and it never took off..I built them , sent them to the painter and never heard another word..

IMG_1185.jpeg

@BillyJackThat is a beautiful piece!!

On 11/20/2023 at 7:04 AM, BillyJack said:

Do you have to spray it or rub it on?

I can do either but I find that wipe on prior to glue up provides the best result an the least amount of mess in my situation. I was dealing with the black over spray for months the last time I sprayed it :o

On 11/20/2023 at 9:51 AM, pkinneb said:

I can do either but I find that wipe on prior to glue up provides the best result an the least amount of mess in my situation. I was dealing with the black over spray for months the last time I sprayed it :o

I was curious.. I made 4 barstools for my daughter, but she didn't like the slats going to the floor. She was going to paint so I  made them from poplar...I thinkI'm going to add black to the precat to Blacken  them.. She went with a standard table and chair..

20231120_095926.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:55 PM, Coop said:

With all of this amazing work, I centered my attention on the ruler with a hook on the end? How long is it?

Oh, and great progress! 

I have a 6", 12", and 24" Woodpeckers had a sale a while back and I picked them up as a set with a wall rack. Not a huge fan of their red rules but love these and my hands done favorite rule of all time is their 8" stainless steel Paolini rule. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 11/23/2023 at 7:08 AM, BillyJack said:

I would look for something to go on the foot rests as it’s a wear spot

Some kind of bull nose step protector..

Yep I will be inlaying a piece of brushed aluminum for that. it will match the Morley bar stools I will be doing with dyed oak and aluminum accents instead of the brass Philip uses with walnut.

• Like 1