Rockler Corner Clamps

Coop

On 12/14/2023 at 7:58 PM, Coop said:

Coop these work great for picture frames, small boxes, etc bit would not work for case work. Some have aluminum/metal corners some have plastic, stay away from the plastic ones. I have found they will snap with slight over tension so you have to be careful. Never had an issue with the metal ones.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 8:57 AM, Dave's Not Here said:

I bought a set of these and they now sit in my pile of "why did I buy this stuff".

On 12/15/2023 at 8:58 AM, roughsawn said:

They are junk. I bought 4 pair, returned 3 pair, and sanded the 4th pair as square as I could. They are not square enough for cabinet work.

Aluminum corner clamps on Amazon are good.

Which ones, the Rockler or the Woodctaft? 

Agree with @roughsawn and @Dave's Not Here

Their whole line of "Clamp It" corner clamping devices are a waste of money, in my opinion. 

If you have good clamping technique, then there's very, very little benefit. 

If you are an absolute day 1 beginner who is butting pieces of plywood together to try and screw a box together, then they are probably amazing. 

I DO use those fence clamps to secure a sacrifical fence onto my table saw fence to cut rabbets with a dado stack though. They're great for that! 

• Like 1

Just chunked them. I made 12 or 13 picture frames back in February and used the blue tape method and not sure why I bought these things, thinking they would be an improvement. KISS!
Also, I like to check the diagonal measurement on the frames as well as using a square and the black L’s are too thick to allow for this. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:43 PM, Coop said:

@gee-dub, all of the sites I see show the Blokkz to be unavailable and it appears that this is a pretty neat item. 

If it helps I posted a thread on my shop made version here.  These are for 45 degree clamping but the triangle could be a rounded shape for a wider variety of angles.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2024 at 7:29 PM, Coop said:

I received them today. Now I can share the ones I made with my photographer friend so he can make his own frames and yours have found a home in my shop! Thank you very much!!

IMG_6110.thumb.jpeg.350cdee43b4cc82d1b6a1ecc14ae25d1.jpeg

And in walnut no less...Nice :)

@gee-dub curious when you made those did you do one board and then cut them to width or do them individually?

I cut a piece of quarter inch plywood twice the size I need, glue the triangle shaped strip on opposite ends, then rip pairs of them to width, then cut the pairs into individual pieces.

I hope that made sense. I have a thread on it somewhere on this forum. Probably under jigs and fixtures.

On 12/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, gee-dub said:

If it helps I posted a thread on my shop made version here.  These are for 45 degree clamping but the triangle could be a rounded shape for a wider variety of angles.

You referenced it above and the process worked perfectly as do the clamps!

• 5 weeks later...