Plywood for Battens?

I am making a 1.5 inch thick counter top out of Ambrosia maple that is roughly 30 inches wide by 75 inches long. The top will be attached to base cabinets, but I would like some extra insurance against warping and would like to add some battens. I have a bunch of 3/4" maple plywood offcuts from the cabinet build, and I was wondering if I could just use the plywood for the battens instead of solid hardwood. The battens will not be visible, so aesthetics aren't a concern. Does anyone see any issues with using plywood here?

• Chet changed the title to Plywood for Battens?

Thanks for the replies. My primary concern about warping is during finishing. I am going to be using Arm R Seal, and given the temps in my shop, I expect it will take a while for the first few coats to dry. That said, I will have an unfinished side just sitting there for hours while I am waiting for the finished side to dry so that I can flip the piece and apply finish on the other side. I have painter pyramids that I can use to speed the process up a bit. Just concerned about coming out to a potato chip after I start the finishing process.