Should I make an international Dunkin' Donuts coffee run?

ScoFF

So I'm a Canadian and I'm going to the states to pick up some tools in the near future. I'm being peer pressured to try Dunkin' Donuts coffee but it's 25 minutes away from the town where I'm going. Should I make the trip or stick to my Canadian Tim Hortons?

If I get good feedback and go I'll be sure to post pictures as well as a brief review of the product. Krispy Kreme will have to wait another day.

Speaking of ... are the donuts any good there?

I prefer Dunkin Donuts to Krispy Kreme. I've been told that Krispy Kreme are excellent when they are fresh from the deep fryer; I've only had them cold from a box.

I've never heard anyone complain about Dunkin Donuts donuts, but I've never heard anyone ooh and aah over them, either.

There's a Dunkin Donuts right across the street from where I work, so perhaps I'm just jaded.

I am one of those weirdos that raves about Dunkin' Donuts coffee quite frequently. :) I am not really a donut person but the few times I have had them, they were.....donuty. :)

Hands down, Dunkin Donuts is my favorite coffee around. But its a fairly light roast so if you're a fan of the deeper roasts found at most coffee shops, you might not like this stuff much. Its pretty much what most places would call a "breakfast blend". Since I don't like when coffee tastes exactly like the ground it grew in, I really like the lighter flavor. :)

So I say go for it. But as is always the case with anything that gets hyped up too much, you'll probably be disappointed.

If you like robust coffee, get a Senseo. I use the dark roast. I have one at home and on my desk at work. I'm a big espresso fan, so I DO like the taste of dirt. LOL ...MARC!! Actually, my favorite "coffee" drink is a Turkish espresso; a shot extracted over a pinch of brown sugar. YUM!

Just a few thoughts....

1. Espresso is awesome. I love my coffee black and slightly chewy...
  2. Krispy Kreme are the best right out of the fryer..
  3. I will always have a place in my heart for DD. My grandma used to work there when I was a wee little one and I remember going there with all my cousins. Good times..

The only time I use cream is when it's Ryan's (a Bailey's knockoff, but much better), or if I'm forced to drink crappy coffee (I AM a caffeine junkie). As far as donuts? Not so much. Once in a great while I'll eat an apple fritter, but that's about it. Now, if you open up a German bakery, I'll visit every morning to grab a hot pretzel. But because I'm American, I'll also sue you for making me fat after a year or two.

Well I went the extra couple towns over, 30 minute detour to get the new snack. It's kinda watery coffee like the stuff you'd get at a gas station machine but I'd get it again. I swear it tasted like a dunut but it could be from all the sugar I had to put in it. Who'd a thunk a large was that large! I'm not used to the foam cups but it stayed warm forever. Poor environment. I got a few Dunkin' donuts while I was there.

No K-cups this time.

I live in the heartland of D&D (Boston) but actually prefer Tim Hortons (although they are similar in style). Then again, I'm more of a Peet's or Starbucks guy most of the time. But D&D did just release their K-cups, and Starbucks will be releasing theirs in the fall so if you don't have one already, might be time to invest in a Keurig machine.

I grew up in Connecticut and therefor grew up on DD. Went to school in Boston. There was one on one corner... turn the corner another one.

Moved to Nashville... well... there was one... in a pretty bad part of town. I'd suck it up once a week just to get my fix (I wasn't the only one getting a fix in the neighborhood...) but it soon went out of business.

I had a three or four year drought of DD... one opened up down the road a few miles... happy man here.

I always explain it this way... it isn't good coffee... it is it's own thing. It's more of a coffee drink to me... but it tastes like home to me.