Turn my knob?

mds2

Ok, so I am making a little lift top box and I think an ebony knob would be perfect for the top. One problem, I have no way of making it. I am lathe-less :(

So I was wondering if a fellow woodtalker would be interested in making one for me. I will compensate you for time, materials, shipping, etc. The knob doesnt need to be anything special, 1" to 1.5" tall. Ebony isnt a must, but I need something dark and solid. If there are any takers we can get into more specifics. Thanks.

It is my understanding that the bearings in the drill press are not rated/designed for side force. Either turning or drum sanding is hard on the drill press. If I had a lathe, I would not use my drill press. If I didn't have a lathe I would find a turner that would help me.... And I would start saving for a small lathe. :-) Yes,lknow that lots of people sand and turn on their drill press and "have not hurt it". I just don't use mine that way.

I can do that. send an email to hww@outlook.com and we can discuss the dimensions. Only reimbursement I would need would be for shipping. If you can find a picture similar to the knob you want, that would help also.

BRuce

Awesome, thank you very much. I'll find a picture of what I'd like and email it to you.