Shop Update

..Kev

Tiods, mighty sweet on all your new stuff!  That just doesn't sound right, does it? Anyway I like your new shop décor :)  And, if your wife's like mine, look out for the Macy's bills coming in next month to offset your new toys :(

• Like 1

Tiods, mighty sweet on all your new stuff!  That just doesn't sound right, does it? Anyway I like your new shop décor :)  And, if your wife's like mine, look out for the Macy's bills coming in next month to offset your new toys :(

I built her quilting desk and goodies first so, she's happy and relatively inexpensive...lol

Thanks for the kind words!

• Like 1

Nice router table. Envy over here. Oh yea table saw not bad either don't know if I would've chosen that saw though. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice, I think you did chose that saw  ;)

Thanks for the kind words..

Congrats on the new tools! Digging the Bessy fence. Did you do that upgrade through Grizzly? Do you have the saw setup to run on 220 or 110? I really like the Jessem router tables, one day when I have a bigger space I will add a router table. I think I am going to have to make way up to Custer sooner than later for a visit. 

Thanks James!

Yes, the fence came from Grizzly as well.  Ordered it at the same time as the saw.

It's running 110.  I don't have 220 run to my floor outlets.

The Jessem table with the PC router is super sweet!  I really put it thru its paces today!  I'll post more on that in the journal section tomorrow.

You're always welcome up here, it's not that far.  Just North of Bellingham.

Thanks James!

Yes, the fence came from Grizzly as well.  Ordered it at the same time as the saw.

It's running 110.  I don't have 220 run to my floor outlets.

The Jessem table with the PC router is super sweet!  I really put it thru its paces today!  I'll post more on that in the journal section tomorrow.

You're always welcome up here, it's not that far.  Just North of Bellingham.

How hard was the conversion to 110? I was so close to getting that saw instead of the 0713 but was concerned that it would draw to many amps at start up and that I would continually trip the breaker.

I will look at my calendar and let you know to see if that day works for you. Do you have a preference on a day of the week? 

The conversion is super simple.  There's a 20 amp breaker in the switch that has to be changed (another 6 bucks) and a quick wire change at the motor.  The instructions were spot on and it took me about 10 minutes.

Friday thru Sunday work best for me but, I'm usually home from work by 4 so, that would work as well.

I thought I was the only one that experienced this. It is an arms race that in which when you win, you actually lose. TIODS, well thought out shop. While your tools are high quality, what I take away from the pictures is a shop design that has a lot of great ideas but is hard to copy without your experience. This is part of what attracts me to this hobby, it can always be done better and always new challenges to overcome.

Also, your router table is, like, waaay better than Mel's.

• Like 1

I thought I was the only one that experienced this. It is an arms race that in which when you win, you actually lose. TIODS, well thought out shop. While your tools are high quality, what I take away from the pictures is a shop design that has a lot of great ideas but is hard to copy without your experience. This is part of what attracts me to this hobby, it can always be done better and always new challenges to overcome.

Also, your router table is, like, waaay better than Mel's.

Thanks Chris..  I must disagree on the experience required for my designs.  Fact is that I haven't been doing this all that long so, my experience level is not as high as you might think.  I've done a fair bit of construction and trim outs but, furniture building is really only a few years old for me.  Like many (or most) others here, I'm not rich either.  I've just found some inexpensive alternatives that seem to work pretty well.  Like you, I've also spent a great deal of time looking at other shops to figure out what I like and what I don't.

If there's something specific you see and you'd like to know how I did it, let me know and I'd be happy to spill on how it was accomplished.  I honestly didn't spend a lot of money at once, this shop has been growing for a couple years. 

As for the router table, I'm still having a chuckle at Mel's expense.. ;)   However, with respect to Mel, he has one hell of a router table as well.  Either would be considered a nice upgrade to most shops.

Actually I am impressed even more with this additional data. Nothing specific strikes me as undoable, it is how the whole shop fits together. Maybe it is mystical to me now and will seem obvious to me later, but it is still mystical to me now.

Mel, just tryin' to get a rise outa'ya bud. Your router table is bad a$$. I totally dig snoopin on y'all's tools.

Actually I am impressed even more with this additional data. Nothing specific strikes me as undoable, it is how the whole shop fits together. Maybe it is mystical to me now and will seem obvious to me later, but it is still mystical to me now.

Mel, just tryin' to get a rise outa'ya bud. Your router table is bad a$$. I totally dig snoopin on y'all's tools.

I swear, nothing mystical about it..  I do appreciate your kind words tho!