Factory tours

Tpt life

Sweet seeing the guy tuning the marimba bars wearing a MN Wild t-shirt.

I played more than one tuba but the only one I ever owned was a Conn.  Thanks for sharing this tour.

Can't specifically remember a factory tour of note unless you count the Jack Daniels' Distillery.  The have their own cooperage where they make the oak barrels as well as manufacture a product I'm somewhat partial to.  I have a pretty cool picture of an REO Speedwagon from there - one of their fire engines, as well as a nice shot from inside one of the barrel houses.

• Like 1

Gibson and Martin guitar factories were really cool to tour. From a woodworking standpoint they were fascinating. I've also toured the Yuengling brewery as well as the Guinness brewery and Jameson distillery in Dublin. Those were a lot of fun. And tasty. For some reason I don't remember much about the end of those tours...  :D

• Like 1

Been through Polaris, Article Cat, Miller (welding equipment), Briggs & Stratton, several RR Donnelley and Quad Graphics printing plants. The only factory that had anything to do with wood working was Schmelke pool cues in Rice Lake, WI. You walk in their store and the smell of lacquer about knocks you over, smells awesome.

I took a tour of the Christian Brothers Hockey Stick factory in the early 80's. Way before I was really interested in woodworking. I remember they used 2 different types of wood for the blade and the shaft. They called one of the woods rock elm? The Ben and Jerry's tour in Vermont is awesome, fresh ice cream on a hot summer day is the best. The Coors Beer factory tour in Golden, CO.,

I remember them dumping garbage cans full of hops into the brewing vessels.