Which Type of Band Saw Blade?

rodger.

Looking into buying a Laguna 14 twelve, but it doesnt come with a blade.  Its capable of resawing 12" to 13", and 1.75 HP motor.  I started looking into blades and was instantly overwhelmed by the information.

I would like to both resaw, prob up to 8" or so, and cut moderate curves.  Will a general purpose blade do?  Do I need two blades?  What do you guys use for blades (not worried about brand yet), TPI, width, etc?

I would imagine that both resawing and curve work are done by most bandsaw owners, so what blade do you normally leave on as a "go to"?

• Like 1

I am starting the think your golf bag has a driver, a putter and a 5 iron.   That is all you need right :)

:)  I need all 14 clubs when I golf, because the drunker I become, the more trouble on the course I will find. With wood, (sober as a Judge) it's cut and sand, pretty simple really...hehehehe!  ;)

-Ace-

With the shorter courses in the city, I could play with just 4, 7, one wedge, and putter....and hell if I really didn't care...just 4 and say 9...putt with the 4. :P

I've played with a 9 iron , putter , 3 wood and nasty looking vockey wedge wedge for 30 years. I used to lug around a full bag but can't swing worth a damn. I threw out the rest 15 years ago. I wouldn't even bother with a 3 wood if I wasn't to embarrassed to t off with a 9 iron.

I agree with everything said previously.  Except the golf stuff.  My opinion on golf is... well, I won't share my opinion on golf here.

Blades, on the other hand:  I re-saw with a ½ inch wood slicer on my 10 inch Inca.  It works, but I lack capacity.  That is to say, I can't really go higher than about 4 inches.  The limit is the range of the saw, not the blade.

But if I had a bigger saw (someday), I would put a Laguna resaw king on it.  Then I might keep a ¼ inch blade around for other stuff.  Maybe a ½ inch.  But I think the ¼ inch would do for curves, and the resaw king for resawing.  After that, you'll realize there's a bunch of other things you can do with that saw, and you'll have a lot of blades.