Bostitch nailer issue

Brendon_t

I've had a bostitch brad nailer for about five years and just recently while norm'ing together a book case, I had 10 or more "misfires" for lack of a better term while assembling. Proabably one of every 3. The Brad would run in about 1/2" then just stop. I was using birch ply. Tried in a 2x4 and same issue. Anybody had a nailer go haywire like this? I wouldn't think there are any parts to ware out..

If you drop or roughly handle a nail gun the magazine can get slightly out of line with the nose of the gun. Cheap off brand nails can also cause problems. Alignment just takes an Allen wrench and some trial and error to get it lined back up. Read your manual about oil and adjustments.

I hope you're not doing what I did...

I have the Bostitch 3-tool plus compressor kit. Two of the tools are 18 gauge, the nailer is 16 gauge. I accidentally put 18 ga brads in the 16 ga nailer. It would work most of the time, but every now then it would only drive it halfway or spit out 2 nails at a time.

I felt real dumb when I discovered my error, but happy the tools works properly now.

So, yeah, don't do that.