Another Shop Tour

..Kev

so jealous, i do almost everything ON my table saw.  when i need to i lower the blade remove the fence and throw on an old countertop that has a whole in it for my router table.  i throw a piece of 3/16 hardboard from the back of an old piece of furniture on top of this when i am gluing and finishing.

• Like 1

Another week's worth of work accomplished in twenty minutes.  Shop looks good, man.  I'm jealous of your space and the "insidey-ness" factor...as nice as someone can make a garage look, it always feels like a garage.

That was a couple days worth as I wait for the stuff to arrive to finish the chair.  It needed a good cleaning before applying finish in there anyway.  I do wish it was just a little bigger!  All lessons learned for the next shop.

so jealous, i do almost everything ON my table saw.  when i need to i lower the blade remove the fence and throw on an old countertop that has a whole in it for my router table.  i throw a piece of 3/16 hardboard from the back of an old piece of furniture on top of this when i am gluing and finishing.

I've been there.  Wasn't always fortunate enough to have this much space.

• Like 1

Kev, I have only had my Supermax 1938 for a short time but a I can tell you it would be a great upgrade to your shop

I know it's a great machine and wish I'd of made that choice up front!  Problem, it's a hard sell to the wife to upgrade one expensive machine for another when I've only had the current one for about a year ;)

Grizzly 18" drum sander, coming to Washington Craigslist soon!  Great condition, but I need an upgrade!

Yea maybe you need to make a deal with your wife.  Have her put the drum sander on craigslist, tell her if she sells it before you get back you'll  finish her rocker first thing when you walk through the door

• Like 1

Yea maybe you need to make a deal with your wife.  Have her put the drum sander on craigslist, tell her if she sells it before you get back you'll  finish her rocker first thing when you walk through the door

She knows it's pissing me off to not have it done..  They shifted my dates and I just got the word a couple hours ago.  I could probably get it done if I skipped the side trip to see my mom.  She's getting up there in years and I really need to spend a few days with her before the job starts.  Works out nice that it's about 1/2 way there too!

In all seriousness, if I wanted the sander, I'd order it and the wife wouldn't care..  Probably beating myself up over the purchase.

Edited by TIODS

I love montana, looking to move there one day. have property in beaverhead county, just don't have a job there yet.

That's the nice part about my job - I can live anywhere and do the same job.  The wife and I will probably end up there after the youngest graduates.  He's a senior this year so, might be sooner rather than later, who knows..