My Custom Miter Saw Station

comp56

so recently I upgraded from a 10" sliding compound miter saw to a 12" Milwaukee 6955-20 I decided to make a permanent station for it as it will stay stationary in my shop, I added shelving along the bottom for what I call my good wood cut ends (because the station is away from the wall I can fit pieces up to 40" long). As you can see I labelled the area's for some of the more popular wood I will be using. I did this so I didn't keep putting this wood in one big pile.......I added measurements from both sides of the blade up to 36" either way, these are printed in reverse and on the inside showing through so they will not wear off. I also made a zero clearance insert that works great.......

milwaukee%20finished.jpg

• Like 2

thanks guys, but I didn't make it out of all metal, it is all made from 3/4" pine and then covered in acrylic only thing metal is the small middle cabinet. all the acrylic was clear and all printing was done in reverse then painted red on the back side before gluing into place. 

1_28.jpg

• 7 months later...