Should I go?

I went, it was fun. Tough to get away for any length of time with the newborn, so I didn't want to waste what might be my only outing this week on this, but it was worth it. 

A couple things to note:

1. Got a free t-shirt, a free "tiny systainer" (not sure what it's called, looks to be a good holder for mints or candies), a little tote bag, and of course, a big catalog with all their tools and accessories :( It's pretty cool. I wish it weren't.
  2. Got to demo a bunch of stuff and ask lots of noob questions. I espeically liked comparing the 2 dominos side by side. The big one is a beast. Also got to compare a dozen sanders or so one after another.
  3. They had almost everything there in the truck, but when I inquired about the half sheet sander, the guy looked flustered, and said it was "a bit of dinosaur", looked around and couldn't find one.  He was surprised I asked. Not sure why I did, just wanted to try one out I guess.
  4. They had this new tool there that isn't out yet. Was going to add a couple photos here and tell you all about it, but I'll wait til later and make Shane drool in anticipation.
  5. They know Shane by name, and were thankful that he was paying all of their salaries.

I went, it was fun. Tough to get away for any length of time with the newborn, so I didn't want to waste what might be my only outing this week on this, but it was worth it. 

A couple things to note:

1. Got a free t-shirt, a free "tiny systainer" (not sure what it's called, looks to be a good holder for mints or candies), a little tote bag, and of course, a big catalog with all their tools and accessories  It's pretty cool. I wish it weren't.
  2. Got to demo a bunch of stuff and ask lots of noob questions. I espeically liked comparing the 2 dominos side by side. The big one is a beast. Also got to compare a dozen sanders or so one after another.
  3. They had almost everything there in the truck, but when I inquired about the half sheet sander, the guy looked flustered, and said it was "a bit of dinosaur", looked around and couldn't find one.  He was surprised I asked. Not sure why I did, just wanted to try one out I guess.
  4. They had this new tool there that isn't out yet. Was going to add a couple photos here and tell you all about it, but I'll wait til later and make Shane drool in anticipation.
  5. They know Shane by name, and were thankful that he was paying all of their salaries.

Ahhh CMON JT !!! SHOW ME THE PICS!! Im jonsing over here !!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I use a couple of those tiny systainers to store dominos in, works great.

This one stores like 1 domino. Maybe 2.

4 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

I bet its the hkc circular saw. Im waiting for that darn thing to be released here. My name is on one of those !

I think you are right, pictures/description coming in a sec...and yeah I'm not surprised you want one given your trade.

Here's the truck:

BDkuPAp.png

udNJ5uB.png

And the van:

emJgJFX.png

Freebies:

AcDnOub.png

T shirt (front first, then back)

2Ebnfe1.png

JCR95Yb.png

xR66AJ3.png

So yeah, nothing amazing, but worth having. I was glad I went just to see all the tools together and compare. Staff was about as knowledgable as having 5 or 10 of you guys in a room all at once, so pretty good ;)

Just a couple photos of people milling about...must have been enough systainers there to feed a small country

2IEgrvC.png

dPli9iG.png

This one has the guy holding the "new" tool...I got the impression they weren't super keen on photos being taken of it so I just took this one from afar.

bFGFbdr.png

Of course the guy is practically staring right at me, lol :P

Anyway, I forget the model, but it's basically a circular saw attached to a track with built in angle adjustments to you can cut angles on boards in the field quickly and accurately...the guy described it as being very useful for guys cutting angles for roof rafters and other framing jobs. Has 2 stops on the underside of the track...Just a quick adjustment of the rear stop, place it over the board and then angle the track til the stops underneath grab the sides of the board, then go to town. Seemed pretty easy. I can see this being useful for construction guys, not sure how if at all it would fit in a woodworker's garage.  He said they had no idea yet when it would be available or what it would cost. Also, the track on the right hanging on the back wall is another of the tracks, you can sorta see the adjustable angle setting on its left side.