not a wide board but very old

jack English machine

I've had to do one of these "boxes" and it was probably the most difficult thing I've ever built because of the emotion tied to it.

Beautiful work!  Condolences for your loss.

Thanks for sharing a great story!

• Like 1

Sorry for the loss of your sister. That's a great story you have shared with us.

I have had the privilege of building, with other family members, 5 caskets; for my mom, dad, 2 sisters, and a 3 month old grandson. Being involved in the death process is a good thing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mat60 said:

Sorry for your loss..I also agree that being involved is a good thing..My mistake was to let it take me down..

Myself and my sister would have long talks on  on the aesthetics of art .  We often claimed that those that could see sat on the rim looking   Down and observing .   The rim was where it was all happening not in the centre where all the noise was coming from . The burl  is the rim looking down on the nest .  The two pearls are  her twin daughters and the ever widening arrow is leading them out to expand while she watches  .   That's is what I was trying to  visually express . 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, jack English machine said:

Myself and my sister would have long talks on  on the aesthetics of art .  We often claimed that those that could see sat on the rim looking   Down and observing .   The rim was where it was all happening not in the centre where all the noise was coming from . The burl  is the rim looking down on the nest .  The two pearls are  her twin daughters and the ever widening arrow is leading them out to expand while she watches  .   That's is what I was trying to  visually express . 

You succeeded, beautifully!  Thank you!

Thank you  to all that commented on my sister lt wasn't the intent of the thread but it is wonderful .  I've carried many woods with me some in my possession for almost 40 years .  this reminded me that that is not necessarily a bad thing . Yes it's important to not  horde wood   or waste it but it's also important to find its purpose .  The wood was extremely well seasoned and when  working it  The fragrance of those Pinegrove's was released in the shop .  The project was one of 1 million senses .  Thank you all for your comments I rather enjoyed them