Looking for some information

Leslie253

Hi. I'm not a wood worker but I'm looking for advice on selling some tools. My grandpa passed away and he has some saws and a lathe. I need to get the year/model etc for the lathe still. He has a rockwell model 10 contractor saw. There's 2 numbers on it M6034FB3B and 62-042. I'm wondering what this could sell for? It's older. I don't know anything about it.  I've attached 2 photos. I can take some more if it will help. Thank you for your advice. 

20170211_105759.jpg

20170211_105822.jpg

The numbers that you found are for the motor itself, not for the saw (the M6034FB3B may be a serial number, but I don't know for sure). I believe the saw is a Rockwell 34-440. How much you could sell it for depends a lot on it's condition, but I don't think you could get more than $150 for it.

• Like 2

6995-A.JPG

The Rockwell Model 10 was not the same saw that most of us know as a Contractors Saw, despite what the plate says. The Model 10 had cast iron extension wings rather than stamped steel and the trunnions were mounted to the base (like a Unisaw) rather than to the underside of the top casting. That made squaring the table much easier. It was considerably heavier than a standard contractors saw. It also had through-the-table adjustment for the 45 and 90 degree stops. I've always thought of it as maybe the original hybrid saw. 

It originally sold for around $300 - $400 more than the Contractors Saw.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wdwerker said:

That's why I asked for a side view pic. I think his saw has an enclosed base where the contractors saws had open bases to the best of my knowledge.

The one I had was an open base, thus the Contractors saw moniker. I thought of it as a portable version of a Unisaw. The trunnions were *much* heavier than a contractors saw.

• Like 1