Reindeer

Llama

What "method"?

Looks awesome Mel!

Thanks!!

Using the resin to stabilize the burl, which was suggested by a friend that makes custom grips; http://www.privatescustomgrips.com/.

Although there is a significant investment in time, the end result on the burl is worth it. The machinability of the wood is much better, and the surface seems to take a polish better. Once I get the finish on, the color will darken a bit. I can't wait until tonight! :)

Thanks!!

Using the resin to stabilize the burl, which was suggested by a friend that makes custom grips; http://www.privatescustomgrips.com/.

Although there is a significant investment in time, the end result on the burl is worth it. The machinability of the wood is much better, and the surface seems to take a polish better. Once I get the finish on, the color will darken a bit. I can't wait until tonight! :)

Agreed!  These should look sweet!

• Like 1

Great work Mel, I personally prefer a less glossy finish but that takes nothing away from a great job :)

Thanks!!

This picture is a bit misleading. I took the picture with a wet finish. It will have a more subdued finish. The person that bought this one wanted to see the grain better than the previous non finished pictures. He just wanted a quick shot :)

I will finish with a coat of wax on this guy, and shop it off hopefully today.

Thank you.

I priced them before I realized I had to stabilize the wood :) I also "lost" three due to the burl having a huge crack through the middle making a good part of the block unusable.

Overall, I think the pricing is fair. I'm sure they would sell for more, but I wanted to be fair with the pricing. I don't need to retire yet ;)