Reindeer

Llama

This guy just arrived to his new home today in California!

So cool! These guys are everywhere now! From Maryland to California! :)

Here is the message the new owner wrote:

I got my reindeer from The Reindeer King today!!! Thank you so much Mel Morris!!! You are awesome! So proud to have a piece of your amazing artwork. I know it was made with lots of good juju and love.

1656443_10203033804469002_1162651676_n.j

These are a very nice design, Mel. Can I ask what inspired it?

I saw a few similar ones for sale, but they didn't have the right look, they were very blocky and made from cheap materials. I knew I could do better. Perhaps more graceful. I think I was able to reach my goal with the ones I made this year. There is a very fine line between a chunky looking reindeer and a graceful one. Some of them still look a little drunk if I'm not careful. :)

Selling on Etsy?

I tried. Big flop that was. All I had was people wanting something other than what I was selling, and I said I'd make it, then after the potential customer outlined the terms all I got was a "let me think about it". Never heard back from anyone.

But I heard from a couple of other guys that this year people bought more stuff that hangs on a wall, like "art".

I had some in a gallery, and that was a good experience. People really like seeing these in person.

Overall though, I've sold most through either word of mouth, Facebook or my website.

And Graham, stay tuned! I'm making a special animal for someone on here. Don't want to give the details away though. If they want to, it's ok with me :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...