Reindeer

Llama

Thanks Freddie!

I sold quite a few reindeer this year. :) I decided to do a special run of these maple burl reindeer as a sort of limited run, as a celebration. I plan on making between 5 and 8 of these. I have already sold two in a pre-order I am running. This "bum ear reindeer" is a super hit!

These are quickly becoming a favorite of mine! I can't wait to get the epoxy on these, and put a nice finish on them!

In my entire life, I've never seen a live edge raindeer!  That's different!

Fine.

DSC_00052-1.jpg

For those of you who haven't yet been sucked into the Reindeer Man's vortex, here's a tip:

Don't leave this thread open on your unattended computer when your wife is home, because you WILL be spending your evening birthing a flock of reindeer. :rolleyes:

And never, ever feed them after midnight.

:o

If I didn't have a bandsaw, I'd use a coping saw.

You could do it with a scroll saw, just scale em down a bit. Coping saw is an option as well, just use an aggressive blade because you're gonna tire quickly.

Fine.

DSC_00052-1.jpg

For those of you who haven't yet been sucked into the Reindeer Man's vortex, here's a tip:

Don't leave this thread open on your unattended computer when your wife is home, because you WILL be spending your evening birthing a flock of reindeer. :rolleyes:

Looking good Eric. I see you went closer to the design I used. I wound up sanding off the tails and just kind of making a sharp arch. Also, the tail thing had to go when I started getting orders for more than 5. The 10 minutes of hand sanding was a miserable nightmare. What'd you finish them with?