Couple More Cutting Boards

..Kev

Yes, the walnut is face grain.  Wife had a choice of end grain but she decided she wanted it that way.

You can do these without a bandsaw.  You can cut with a jig saw but, need a good template and a flush trim bit in your router to accomplish the same thing. 

i seriously do NOT trust myself with a jigsaw, esp since it's one of those red ones (B&D).  maybe I will practice on some scrap... I have no problem making a template, I'm pretty good with an xacto and can draw curves and so forth. it's cutting the board in half essentially by hand that makes me nervous heh. 

i seriously do NOT trust myself with a jigsaw, esp since it's one of those red ones (B&D).  maybe I will practice on some scrap... I have no problem making a template, I'm pretty good with an xacto and can draw curves and so forth. it's cutting the board in half essentially by hand that makes me nervous heh. 

I have one of those jigsaws and use it frequently.  Put a good blade in it and you'll be fine.  Don't let a lack of a bandsaw prevent you from building something you want to build. 

you know, after I typed that I thought back to my growing scrap wood bin and thought, "you know, it's only wood and mistakes happen, why not just give it a shot!"  so why not eh.  after I finish my mom's xmas box though.

I look forward to seeing it!  Give a shout if you have questions

that's sweet. i made a couple of these about a year or so ago. i need to try the end grain version now.

i must say after making some of these, using the process in FWW by Scott Lewis, skipping the router all together is a bold move. seems well executed though. not sure me and my bandsaw and its blade are up to the task. I'll have to practice that a bit first. But skipping the router in the process would save loads of time and allow one to crank these out, as you are doing.

Cheers to innovation.

• Like 1