Grizzly bandsaws - free shipping - should I?

bushwacked

I was just thinking tight cuts .. but maybe I do not need 1/8"? what would be good for my smallest blade?

No reason for anything smaller than a 1/4" blade. I have never wanted a smaller blade.

One thing to keep in mind is to detension your bandsaws blade when not in use. And get one of those little brush things for the bottom wheel.

No reason for anything smaller than a 1/4" blade. I have never wanted a smaller blade.

One thing to keep in mind is to detension your bandsaws blade when not in use. And get one of those little brush things for the bottom wheel.

Ok I'll grab a 1/4" blade instead. Then I'll have the 1/4 and 1/2 and then whatever stock blade come with it .. I think 3/8??

What site is having the free shipping? This looks like a good deal on an intermediate band saw.

Grizzly is right now. Have their catalog sent to you and you will get a 5% off code too. Save another $25 off the total

They do make 1/8" blades for 14" bandsaws, but I would only get that if I was going to do scroll work on the bandsaw.  I use a 1/4" blade and it is good for most of what I do.  Also I think the 1/8" blade really needs specific guide bearings to truly work well.

perfect timing for this thread! I got a little birthday money over the weekend and was worried i missed all the black/cyber shopping deals.. Now if I can just get that extra catalog discount (just signed up via email). 

it took mine about a week or so to show up. you may have better luck with a distribution center up in WA

For you guys who GET the catalog - is this extra discount only available for your physical mailed copy? I just signed up via email and can't find a discount in the Pdf catalog on the site. any insight appreciated. 

mine was actually printed on the back cover of the catalog. As far as I know, that is the only place for this one item discount.... barring any type of sale or something

mine was actually printed on the back cover of the catalog. As far as I know, that is the only place for this one item discount.... barring any type of sale or something

thanks. I'll give them a call and see how long it'll take to get the book, and/or push 'em into applying the discount. Was it 10%? something else?

I'm so glad that saved you cash man ! My wife found that and saved me nearly enough for my 1/2" timberwolf . Where did you order your blades ? Mine I got on amazon wondering if there is a cheaper option.

You can order them direct from Timerberwolf aka Suffolk Machinery, they're cheaper and you can get any custom size you want.

http://timberwolfblades.com/

You'll be in high cotton :D

Did you get the riser block?

You WILL need help putting that thing together. Let it be known that you have beer to share AFTER it's done

Congrats!

And remember, don't even bother putting the blade on that comes with it unless you've got some syp you want to whittle on

You'll be in high cotton :D

Did you get the riser block?

You WILL need help putting that thing together. Let it be known that you have beer to share AFTER it's done

Congrats!

And remember, don't even bother putting the blade on that comes with it unless you've got some syp you want to whittle on

This isn't a do it by myself install? Ah hell. I'm gonna try and suffer through it then by myself otherwise it won't be setup till like next year haha.

Riser will be on the way next paycheck

The stand comes flat packed in one box, and the saw assembly is in the other.

You could conceivably do it by yourself, but it's heavier than a single person should probably attempt to lift and fastening the bolts is going to suck.

You definitely need a second person for the riser block install. Did you buy blades the right length for after the riser is in?

The G0555 anniversary edition was my Xmas present to myself last year. I haven't regretted that purchase for a second.